An 11-hour celebration of the six-string that attracted a sold-out crowd of more than 27,000 music fans to Chicago's Toyota Park. All profits from this daylong display of guitar virtuosity benefited The Crossroads Centre in Antigua, a treatment and education facility Clapton founded to help people suffering from chemical dependency.
FLAG A RIDE DOWN TO THE CROSSROADS
Rhino presents more than four hours of music, interviews and backstage footage from Eric Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival 2010 on DVD and, for the first time, on Blu-ray!
Performers Include Clapton, Jeff Beck, Steve Winwood, ZZ Top, Buddy Guy, John Mayer, B.B. King, Derek Trucks, Ronnie Wood, Sheryl Crow, Vince Gill, and more
Blu-ray And DVD Versions Both Available November 9
LOS ANGELES - This summer, Eric Clapton gathered a veritable Who's Who of the world's most talented guitar players at the third Crossroads Guitar Festival, an 11-hour celebration of the six-string that attracted a sold-out crowd of more than 27,000 music fans to Chicago's Toyota Park. All profits from this daylong display of guitar virtuosity benefited The Crossroads Centre in Antigua, a treatment and education facility Clapton founded to help people suffering from chemical dependency.
Rhino Entertainment presents more than four hours of music, interviews, and behind-the- scenes footage from this star-studded concert, including performances by Clapton, ZZ Top, Steve Winwood, Jeff Beck, Vince Gill, Buddy Guy, John Mayer, Derek Trucks, B.B. King, and Bill Murray, who served as the concert's master of ceremonies. Eric Clapton - Crossroads Guitar Festival 2010 will be available November 9 at all retail outlets, including www.rhino.com, for a suggested list price of $34.98 (Two-Disc Blu-ray) and $29.98 (Two-Disc DVD). This is the first-ever release of a Crossroads Guitar Festival on Blu-ray.
"The Crossroads Festival is the realization of a dream for me, to gather a group of amazingly talented musicians to perform on one stage," Clapton said. "The Crossroads performers are all musicians I admire and respect."
It's no surprise a festival named for a Robert Johnson song would include a heavy dose of the blues and Eric Clapton - Crossroads Guitar Festival 2010 does not disappoint with remarkable performances by Robert Cray, Hubert Sumlin (Howlin' Wolf's guitarist), Jimmie Vaughan, Sonny Landreth, Gary Clark Jr., Keb' Mo', and Buddy Guy, plus B.B. King who led an all-star jam of his classic "The Thrill Is Gone." The rock contingent was well represented by ZZ Top, Jeff Beck, the John Mayer Trio, Doyle Bramhall II, the Derek Trucks & Susan Tedeschi Band, Warren Haynes, and Steve Winwood, who teamed with Clapton for several performances including an epic cover of Jimi Hendrix's "Voodoo Chile."
Other styles find a home here too, with "Blackwaterside" by Scottish singer-songwriter Bert Jansch an accomplished acoustic player; "One More Last Chance" and an amazing take on Clapton's "Lay Down Sally" by country picker Vince Gill who is accompanied by the legendary James Burton and others; "Angelina" and "Vonetta" by jazz guitarist Earl Klugh; and Jeff Beck who transforms Puccini's aria "Nessun Dorma" into a soaring piece for electric guitar.
Other artists making appearances include: Sheryl Crow, Ronnie Wood, Robert Randolph, Jonny Lang, Joe Bonamassa, Pino Daniele, Stefan Grossman, and Los Lobos' David Hidalgo and Cesar Rosas.
Crossroads Guitar Festival 2010 also features Bill Murray, who once again supplied the festival's nonmusical highlights with his over-the-top introductions of the performers. Throwing himself into the occasion, Murray dressed up as Jimi Hendrix at one point, and even made an appearance in a jumpsuit in the guise of Elvis Presley.
The first Crossroads Guitar Festival, in June 2004 at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas, was an unprecedented collection of guitar icons from blues, rock, and contemporary music. The sold-out show was chronicled in a two-disc DVD that has since gone on to become one of the
world's top-selling music DVDs, achieving the 10x platinum mark in the United States alone. The Crossroads Guitar Festival 2007 was the second such concert by Clapton and was also staged at Toyota Park in July of 2007 and was filmed for a second DVD that met similar acclaim and has been certified 6x platinum.
Crossroads Guitar Festival 2010 Track Listing
1. "Promise Land" - Sonny Landreth w/Eric Clapton
2. "Z. Rider" - Sonny Landreth
3. "Traveling Shoes" - Robert Randolph & The Family Band
4. "Going Down" - Pino Daniele, Joe Bonamassa, Robert Randolph & The Family Band
5. "Killing Floor" - Robert Cray w/Jimmie Vaughan & Hubert Sumlin
6. "Six Strings Down" - Jimmie Vaughan w/Robert Cray & Hubert Sumlin
7. "Waiting For The Bus" - ZZ Top
8. "Jesus Just Left Chicago" - ZZ Top
9. "Gypsy Blood" - Doyle Bramhall II
10. "In My Time Of Dying (Jesus Make Up My Dying Bed)" - Doyle Bramhall II
11. "Bright Lights" - Gary Clark Jr.
12. "Long Road Home" - Sheryl Crow w/Derek Trucks, Susan Tedeschi, Doyle Bramhall II & Gary Clark Jr.
13. "Our Love Is Fading" - Sheryl Crow w/Eric Clapton, Doyle Bramhall II & Gary Clark Jr,
14. "Blackwaterside" - Bert Jansch
15. "Mississippi Blues" - Stefan Grossman & Keb' Mo'
16. "Roll And Tumble Blues" - Stefan Grossman & Keb' Mo'
17. "One More Last Chance" - Vince Gill w/Keb' Mo', James Burton, Earl Klugh & Albert Lee
18. "Mystery Train" - Vince Gill w/James Burton, Albert Lee, Keb' Mo' & Earl Klugh
19. "Lay Down Sally" - Vince Gill w/Sheryl Crow, Keb' Mo', Albert Lee, James Burton & Earl Klugh
20. "Angelina" - Earl Klugh
21. "Vonetta" - Earl Klugh 22. "Who Did You Think I Was" - John Mayer Trio
23. "Ain't No Sunshine" - John Mayer Trio
Disc Two 1. "Midnight In Harlem" - Derek Trucks & Susan Tedeschi Band
2. "Coming Home" - Derek Trucks & Susan Tedeschi Band w/Warren Haynes
3. "Soulshine" - Warren Haynes
4. "Don't Keep Me Wondering" - David Hidalgo & Cesar Rosas w/Derek Trucks
5. "Space Captain" - Derek Trucks & Susan Tedeschi Band w/Warren Haynes, David Hidalgo, Cesar Rosas & Chris Stainton
6. "Five Long Years" - Buddy Guy w/Jonny Lang & Ronnie Wood
7. "Miss You" - Buddy Guy w/Jonny Lang & Ronnie Wood
8. "Hammerhead" - Jeff Beck
9. "Nessun Dorma" - Jeff Beck
10. "Crossroads" - Eric Clapton
11. "Hands Of The Saints" - Citizen Cope & Eric Clapton
12. "I Shot The Sheriff" - Eric Clapton
13. "Shake Your Money Maker" - Eric Clapton & Jeff Beck
14. "Had To Cry Today" - Steve Winwood & Eric Clapton
15. "Voodoo Chile" - Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood
16. "Dear Mr. Fantasy" - Steve Winwood & Eric Clapton
17. "The Thrill Is Gone" - B.B. King & Ensemble
November 7, 2010, 10:23 pm - PR