Sony Picture Home Entertainment
The action-comedy stars James Franco as a celebrity talk show host and Seth Rogen as his producer longing to make the jump to serious news. After snagging an exclusive in-person interview with North Korea's Kim Jong-un (Randall Park), the unlikely pair are recruited by a covert CIA agent (Lizzy Caplan) to embark on a mission to take out the reclusive dictator.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Own the "Freedom Edition" of The Interview on Blu-ray™ and DVD Feb. 17
Collectible Blu-ray Loaded with 90 Minutes of Bonus Features, Including 14 Deleted Scenes, a Gag Reel and More
CULVER CITY, Calif. (Jan. 14, 2015) – From the writers of Superbad and Pineapple Express, and the directors of This Is The End, the new film The Interview arrives on "Freedom Edition" collectible Blu-ray™ and DVD Feb. 17. The action-comedy stars Academy Award® nominee James Franco (Best Actor, 127 Hours, 2010) as a celebrity talk show host and Seth Rogen (Neighbors) as his producer longing to make the jump to serious news. After snagging an exclusive in-person interview with North Korea's Kim Jong-un (Randall Park, "Fresh off the Boat"), the unlikely pair are recruited by a covert CIA agent (Lizzy Caplan, "Masters of Sex") to embark on a mission to take out the reclusive dictator.
The "Freedom Edition" Blu-ray disc comes packed with 90 minutes of bonus feature content, including 14 deleted scenes, multiple behind-the-scenes featurettes, a seven-minute blooper reel that shows the outrageous gags and goofs from the set, as well as three "line-o-ramas" (where cast shot several alternate takes of jokes during filming). Also included on both Blu-ray and DVD are The Discovery Channel TV special "Naked and Afraid," starring James Franco and Seth Rogen, as well as commentary by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg.
Dave Skylark (James Franco) and his producer Aaron Rapoport (Seth Rogen) run the popular celebrity tabloid TV show "Skylark Tonight." When they discover that North Korean leader Kim Jong-un is a fan of the show, they land an interview with him in an attempt to legitimize themselves as journalists. As Dave and Aaron prepare to travel to Pyongyang, their plans change when the CIA recruits them, perhaps the most unlikely candidates, to 'take out' Kim Jong-un.
The film is directed by Seth Rogen & Evan Goldberg from a screenplay by Dan Sterling and a story by Seth Rogen & Evan Goldberg & Dan Sterling. Executive producers include Dan Sterling, Kyle Hunter, Ariel Shaffir, James Franco, Shawn Williamson and Ben Waisbren. Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg and James Weaver serve as producers.
DVD and Blu-ray Bonus Features Include:
* "Naked and Afraid" – Discovery Channel TV special featuring Seth Rogen and James Franco
* Feature Audio Commentary with Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg
"Freedom Edition" Blu-ray Exclusive Bonus Features Also Include:
* Gag Reel
* Deleted, Extended and Alternate Scenes
* "Directors of This Movie" – Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg comment on directing the film together
* "Puppy Power" – Cast and Crew profess their love for the King Charles Spaniel puppy
* "Here Kitty Kitty" – Seth Rogen breaks down the experience of working with a real tiger
* "Joking Around" – The producers discuss the process of creating jokes on set
* "Spies Among Us" – Hear from each of the cast members about their experience on the film
* "Randall Park Audition Tape" – Randall Park table read audition video
* "Dating a Dictator" – An authoritative touch on a convincing dating profile video
* "Getting Into Character" – A look at Randall Park's transformation into looking the part of a dictator
* Line-o-Ramas (short collections of alternate shots of jokes on set)
The Interview has a run time of approximately 112 minutes and is rated R for pervasive language, crude and sexual humor, nudity, some drug use and bloody violence.
"Academy Award®" is the registered trademark of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
About Sony Pictures Entertainment
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies. For additional information, go to http://www.sonypictures.com.
Sony Picture Home Entertainment
January 18, 2015, 11:51 am - PR