Release Date: April 5, 2009, 9:13 pm
For the First Time on Blu-ray Hi-Def Frank Miller and Robert Rodriguez's Visually Stunning Crime Thriller
Available April 21, 2009, on 2-Disc Blu-ray Featuring Two Versions of The Film Plus All New Exclusive Bonus Features!
The interactive game "Kill 'em Good," lets viewers play Marv, the outcast misanthrope on a mission to avenge the death of his true love, Goldie. The "Cine-Explore" feature, a breakthrough interactive visual commentary lets viewers watch picture-in-picture footage of the film in its early green-screen stages original artwork synced with filmmaker commentary. Additional special features include Commentary with Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller, interviews with Robert Rodriguez and "guest director" Quentin Tarantino, Behind-the-Scenes Featurettes showcasing the cars, props, costumes and make-up of Sin City, and much more! One of the most eagerly awaited films to debut in the format, Sin City arrives on Blu-ray with both barrels blazing!
Sin City is based on Frank Miller's popular series of graphic novels and features an all-star crew both behind and in front of the camera. Acclaimed director Robert Rodriguez (Grindhouse, Spy Kids) teamed with Mr. Miller to co-direct an all-star cast that includes Bruce Willis, Oscar-nominee Mickey Rourke (Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role for: The Wrestler, 2008), Clive Owen, Jessica Alba and Rosario Dawson, in this riveting tale of killers, cops, hookers and hit men, all inhabiting one very dangerous, very sexy city. Sin City debuted in theatres in 2005 to critical acclaim and box office success and, like Mr. Miller's graphic novels, continues to grow in its fan base. Now these fans, and anyone who loves explosive, groundbreaking filmmaking, can see and hear the movie like never before with the ultimate in high definition picture and sound. Available at an SRP of $35.99, crime never looked or sounded so good...
Disc One (Theatrical Cut) Features:
* All new Cine-Explore - Innovative Blu-ray technology allows viewers to experience a uniquely interactive visual commentary that pushes the envelope. When selected, see picture-in-picture green screen footage and original art synced with the filmmakers' commentary.
* 2.0 Commentary with Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller
* 2.0 Commentary with Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino
* 5.1 Audio Track Featuring a Recording of the Austin Audience Reaction
Disc Two (Unrated, Recut Extended Version) Features:
* All new "Kill 'em Good" Interactive Comic Book - Dive into a visually stunning interactive game that puts you in the driver's seat. Exploiting the Blu-ray format in ways never before seen, you finish the story - with guns blazing!
* Four Chapters:
* Chapter One- That Yellow Bastard
* Chapter Two- The Customer Is Always Right
* Chapter Three- The Hard Goodbye
* Chapter Four- The Big Fat Kill
* Rodriguez Special Features:
* 15-Minute Film School
* All Green Screen Version
* The Long Take
* Sin City: Live in Concert
* 10-Minute Cooking School
* How It Went Down: Convincing Frank Miller To Make The Film
* Special Guest Director: Quentin Tarantino
* A Hard Top With A Decent Engine: The Cars of Sin City
* Booze, Broads, and Guns: The Props of Sin City
* Making the Monsters: Special Effects Make-up
* Trench Coats & Fishnets: The Costumes of Sin City
* Teaser & Theatrical Trailer
STREET DATE: APRIL 21, 2009
Direct Pre-book: 2/24/09
Distributor Pre-book: 3/10/09
Suggested Retail Price: $35.99
Rated: U.S. Theatrical Version - R
U.S. Recut, Extended, Unrated Version - Unrated
Run Time: U.S. Theatrical Version: 126 minutes
U.S. Recut, Extended, Unrated Version: 147 minutes
Video: 1080p High Definition (1.85:1)
Bonus Features: 1080p High Definition or 480i Standard Definition
Audio English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital
Bonus Features: English 5.1 and 2.0 Dolby Digital
Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment, a recognized leader in the home entertainment industry, is the marketing, sales and distribution company for Walt Disney, Touchstone, Hollywood Pictures, Miramax and Buena Vista product, which includes DVD, Blu-ray Disc and electronic distribution. Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment is a division of The Walt Disney Studios.
Notice: Undefined variable: url in /home/hellawobo/public_html/digitallyobsessed.com/r-showreview.php on line 169
Notice: Undefined variable: source in /home/hellawobo/public_html/digitallyobsessed.com/r-showreview.php on line 169
News Editor April 5, 2009, 9:13 pm